Prague

Prague

Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm An Eagle!

I'm happy to report that I have accepted a teaching position with the Jamul-Dulzura School District (about 11 miles from our house)! I will be teaching self-contained, mild/moderate, middle school students at Oak Grove Middle School (Eagles)...I'm hoping the five years of experience with high school special ed. will come in handy :) As of now, my first official day is August 17th. I have met several of the people I will be working with and they are very, very nice...I've already had lunch and attended a bbq with several of them, I think it'll be a good fit! It will be very interesting coming from such a large district and huge building...where I will be, there are approximately 360 students in the building (huge change from the 1700 students that were in Chrisman!). I am really excited to go see what my classroom will look like, should be doing that around the first week of August!!

David and I are certainly enjoying every single second we have together as preparing for this upcoming deployment requires a lot of away time! Last night we drove up to La Jolla and ate at a really cute restaurant off the ocean. After dinner we walked along the boardwalk and watched the sunset, it was a very nice evening! Tomorrow night we're headed to watch the Padres play the Rockies and Saturday it's off to see Shamu! I'll post pictures from the events as soon as I can.

Hope everyone is doing wonderfully!!
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. i miss you guys so much!! i'm so glad he is home so your little nose isnt red. i miss you and love you greatly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Lisa!!!! CONGRATS!! I am so glad you and David are getting some time together to enjoy yourselves and enjoy California! I will write back soon, I have been SOOO busy with this move stuff! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

About Me